We have our moments and then there's Jesus. Four girls who are all recent grads of esteemed universities are tossed into the real world and face the trials, tribulations, and hilarity of trying real life. We face all battles with a smile, but even we have to admit we don't know shit.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Une petite thérapie de musique.....

Lianne La Havas is not just an artist, she is a part of a movement. No, I haven't gone rogue and picked up Music Marketing (though I may one day) I wanted to simply share someone whose voice has gotten me through a lot over the past couple of months. The movement is part of the universally gradual return to soulful music. Music that tears into your core and releases that part of you, you buried down long ago. Music that heals and speaks the words, when you don't have anymore to say yourself.

Whenever things are good, bad or indifferent in my life I listen to music. I can remember and place every album that ever had a significant role in my life. When my Grandmother died, I listened to My Chemical Romance's debut album "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" on loop. When I went through a particularly bad heartbreak, Ne-Yo's "The Year of the Gentleman" was pretty much my salvation. Now as I embark on my Twenty-something years, Lianne La Havas' album "Is Your Love Big Enough?" has been my go-to for almost any emotion over the past couple of months.

In one album the UK crooner has managed to make her mark in my Itunes, solidifying herself as probably one of my most played albums. With tracks like "Empty", "They Could Be Wrong", "Lost & Found", the songstress has proved herself a force to reckoned with as she infiltrates the American music scene. I wanted to put my good friends, the readers of PGSD on to this hidden gem of a songbird. Hopefully you will appreciate her music as much as I do!

Here is a sample from a live session of "No Room for Doubt" she recorded through the streets of Paris for La Blogotheque's  Take Away Show series. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment