We have our moments and then there's Jesus. Four girls who are all recent grads of esteemed universities are tossed into the real world and face the trials, tribulations, and hilarity of trying real life. We face all battles with a smile, but even we have to admit we don't know shit.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

It's August.

Last year when I went to New Orleans for Essence Festival 2012 I was so excited when I stumbled upon this artist. I was listening to the radio getting ready to head out of the hotel to attend one of the concerts. One song in particular caught my attention. It wasn't the typical New Orleans bounce music or mainstream urban music. I waited to leave my room in hopes that the DJ would say who it was. I was so glad when he said it was August Alsina because I knew he was going to become my new favorite underground singer. After the trip I began doing my research on who August was. I followed him on Twitter, liked, FaceBook page, and began to download all of his music. Listening to him made me smile every time because is voice was so smooth and different. Over time I got to figure out who he was and what he wanted musically and I was in love. 

He started as a YouTube singer 6 years ago. He would cover different songs that were popular at that time. He recently signed with Def Jam and is currently working with The Dream for his album. But while he is working on an album he is always releasing new music both covers and original. This week he released The Product 2. The songs aren't your typical R&B ballads because he isn't your typical R&B artist. He is very "New Orleans'. The streets are never far from his lyrics. He sings things you would normally here from rappers. It's refreshing to listen to someone singing about real life oppose to only sex and love. At only 20 years old Im so excited to see where he goes from here.

From this...
to this...


No comments:

Post a Comment