We have our moments and then there's Jesus. Four girls who are all recent grads of esteemed universities are tossed into the real world and face the trials, tribulations, and hilarity of trying real life. We face all battles with a smile, but even we have to admit we don't know shit.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Opinions are like....well you know

I find myself telling people this or at least wanting to quite frequently. Especially when it comes to my life decisions. Since it was Mother's Day everyone felt it necessary to wish me this as I passed them on the street. My response was either "don't you put that on me Ricky Bobby" or stare them down. In church several people decided to question why I was not a wife or mother yet.



 I honestly pity those who feel that is the main priority for all women. Yes one day I will put on a big white dress and sign over my freedom...just not anytime soon. I have my own thoughts on children, but that's a three page post in itself. There is happiness to be found in love and family, but why do  have to find it now? There is a world of opportunity waiting for me as an educated twenty something in America and I plan to explore all of it. 

I somehow entered into a conversation with someone who has been teaching for a long time and I was explaining to her the problems I am currently facing. She began questioning why I would even work with small children. You know all those high school kids who can't read well of course they can't because they didn't have anyone to guide them in their formative years. You're welcome. Ma'am I really just wanted a letter of recommendation. 

The best thing you can do for someone is to just listen. Not everyone needs a lecture just to get things are their chest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment